News and Events
British Association for Adoption and Fostering to close with immediate effect
Posted on: 10 August 2015
BAAF will transfer some of its functions to children’s charity Coram under a newly created entity
In the face of significant changes and and prevailing economic conditions BAAF’s board of trustees have to announce the charity’s closure from today, July 31 2015.
We have been working hard to ensure that many of BAAF’s vital services continue, and can announce that we will be amalgamating with the Coram group; Coram is the oldest dedicated children’s charity in the UK founded in 1739 as the birthplace of children’s social care. Some of BAAF’s functions will be transferring to the Coram group of charities to a new and independent entity, the CoramBAAF Academy for Adoption & Fostering.
CoramBAAF will continue to operate as an independent membership organisation for agencies and individuals in the UK, and the following functions will continue to be provided by CoramBAAF: research, policy and development; membership administration; professional advice and professional development ; publications; the National Adoption Register for England, the Independent Review Mechanism (England); National Adoption Week, and the Adoption Activity Days.
To read the full formal statement click here
The following services will continue:
- National Adoption Register is being managed independently by First4Adoption independent of any voluntary adoption agency.
- Independent Review Mechanism is being run as a separate entity by independent legal centre CCLC.
- Membership enquiries please contact email@example.com
- For Publications go toThe Bookshop or call 020 7421 2604
- For more information on Activity Days contact Teri Muir 07956 982271.