News and Events
Find out what children’s centres can offer you…
Posted on: 25 April 2017
Children’s centres offer advice and support for all parents and carers of children from birth until they are five years old. Children’s centres offer a whole range of services from universal through to targeted family support. They give families opportunities to meet other parents, share experiences, and access services; some examples of the help and advice on offer are:
- Access to evidenced based parenting programmes
- Access to universal services such as messy play.
- Direct access to counselling services in some areas
- 1:1 family support in families homes
- Support with Housing/Debt Advice/Domestic Abuse.
- Support in accessing good quality childcare
- Access to learning opportunities for adults
- Specialist groups for families who have children with additional needs
More information about your Local Children’s Centre, and can be found
Children’s Centres are run by a number of national and local organisations, local information can be found below: