Have your say
We’d really like to hear from you if you have any adoption comments or suggestions, or compliments.
Call us on 0345 155 1076 or email: email@example.com
Or contact our Devon Adoption’s Adoption Support Services Adviser who is here to help you access adoption support and other specialist services.
Alternatively, write to:
If you are not satisfied with the service you receive then please tell us.
Sometimes it is difficult to complain about a service. If you are under 18 you have the right to have someone help you with your complaint – this person is called an advocate. If you would like an advocate to help you at any stage please let us know. Find out how to complain here.
How will my information be used?
Your information will only be used:
- to decide whether you and your family would benefit from post-adoption support
- to give you access to therapeutic and other support services
- if you or someone else is being hurt, or may be hurt in the future.
Your information will be held in a safe place and will not be shared with other people unless they have a legal power to see it. Your information will not be kept for longer than is necessary.
Can I see what is written about me?
Yes. The Data Protection Act 1998 lets you ask for a copy of the information held about you. If you like to request this, contact Devon County Council:
or write to Devon County Council Data Protection Officer,
Information Governance Team, County Hall, Topsham Road, Exeter EX2 4QD.
More information on the Accessing Your Personal Data web pages.
- Children – be heard and find out about your rights – www.childrenscommissioner.gov.uk
The Children’s Commissioner for England listens to what children and young people have to say about how they are looked after. The team are responsible for the rights of all children and young people until they are 18 years old, or 25 years if they have been in care, are care leavers or have a disability.
- First4Adoption – national gateway for adoption 0300 222 0022.
- Independent Review Mechanism (Adoption and Fostering)
All prospective adopters are provided with information about their options for making representations about any matter affecting their application, including the role of the Independent Review Mechanism.
- Independent Reviewing Officers (IROs) for children in the care of Devon County Council.
- Ofsted telephone 0300 123 1231.
- Stand Up Speak Up Devon’s children in care website.